Live Release Fishery Since 1978
Fishing is better than ever thanks to our commitment to Live Release. We’re proud of the fact that the Nueltin Lake area is Canada’s first officially-designated Live Release Only fishery. That’s why we insist on the strict use of barbless hooks and the prompt release of all trophy fish... right after you’ve snapped the photos for your all-important braggin’ rights.
A World Leader In Sustainable Sport Angling Conservation
- A true Fly-In lake! Experience pristine wilderness hundreds of miles from the nearest road. Much of this resource has never been fished.
- 14,000 square miles of sport fishing paradise with over thirty inflows and one outflow on Nueltin Lake.
- Thousands of miles of shoreline and thousands of islands for excellent structure and fewer storm days.
- The only lodge operation in the entire area with self-imposed bed limits for limited pressure and no over utilization.
- Shortened season to avoid over pressure during vital spawning periods.
- The first lake in Canada to institute a catch-and-release policy. We have been the most protected lake in North America since the late 1970s.
- The first lake in Canada to enforce barbless hooks only policy.
- The first lake in Canada to enforce single barbless hooks only policy.
Fishing for a Lifetime refers to many things. Not the least are the following:
- Caring for our lakes and waters long after we pass on.
- Enjoying the wisdom of several generations of fishing guides.
- More than a lifetime of options of water to fish.
- Passing on the great tradition of fishing at Nueltin to your son and/or daughter.